Monday, July 19, 2010

Adding length to a dress

I bought this dress at Kohl's a few weeks ago, but it was a little too short for me.  So, I added the maroon fabric along the bottom to make it longer, and now I like it.  I used a pattern that my friend Janey gave me.  Here's the pattern that she cut for me, I had to make it slightly longer to fit my dress. 
 
 My cut pieces:
I sewed a zig zag stitch on both curved edges of these pieces, then pinned to the dress and sewed them on, leaving an inch or sew at each seam.
Next, I sewed down the sides, matching the seam to the seam of the dress.  Then sew across the top couple inches that are open.  Make sure you zig zag the edges of the seam to prevent fraying.  Here's the finished seam:
Iron the hem and sew to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...