Monday, February 13, 2012

Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread


My husband and kids bought me this cast iron skillet for my recent birthday.  I have never used a cast iron skillet, so this corn bread was my first attempt, and it was delicious.  I used this recipe, and also made some honey butter (just butter mixed with some honey).  Yummy!  Do you love your cast iron skillet?  Do you have any recipes to share?  I'd love to have some tried and true recipes!


My wonderful husband took on the challenge of making me a birthday cake with both kids as helpers, isn't he brave?  The pic below is the final result!  Rebekah's side has skittles and smarties on it since she can't have the chocolate candy.  Sounds gross, but she thought skittles on chocolate cake was great!


Caleb and Rebekah made me birthday cards that they wrote on themselves, precious!


And of course, an adorable picture of baby Joshua.

3 comments:

  1. Joshua looks just like Caleb!! Cornbread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cornbread!! They did a great job on your cake and I love the picture of Joshua!! His eyes are so dark!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...