Monday, October 3, 2011

Maxi Skirt


I made this maxi skirt this weekend, it took me about 2 hours from start to finish.  I found the tutorial on Sew Much Ado (she has lot of other great tutorials too!).  This tutorial is not for a maternity skirt, but the large waistband makes it comfortable as a maternity skirt too!  Thank you to my friend Mindi for sharing this site with me.  I found a gray knit sheet at Goodwill for $2, so this skirt was really cheap!  I spent maybe $5 on 2 inch wide elastic, for a total of $7.  I have enough fabric left over to make either a shirt, or another shorter skirt (or maybe one for Rebekah).

One thing I learned from this tutorial is to use a ball needle on your sewing machine when you're working with knits.  It really helped so that the fabric wasn't pulling as much.


Remember my applesauce post?  We went to visit my in-laws this weekend and picked more apples (Kevin promised to peel them all because I was sick of it!)  We loved the strawberry applesauce so much, we decided to try blueberry.  It's my favorite so far!  I added 2 cups of blueberry's, a little less than 1 cup of sugar, and a 1/2 cup of water.  If you try it, let me know how you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...