Monday, April 23, 2018

Homeschool Update


This school year, Caleb is in 6th grade, Rebekah is in 4th, and Joshua is in K, although he moved to 1st grade in March.  I am still using My Father's World, doing the 4th year of the family cycle, Exploration to 1850.  We have enjoyed every year of the family cycle so far, this one is no exception.  We just finished learning about the Louisiana Purchase, and have been playing the game Ticket to Ride.  One big change that we have made this year is switching our writing curriculum to Institute for Excellence in Writing.  I will do a more in depth post about it later, but it is working very well for my reluctant writer. 

Above, some of the kids are posing in front of our botany science experiments (Apologia).  Can you tell in the photo below that they changed color?


This experiment is to test phototropism.  We are growing bean seeds, one in the light, and one in a dark cup with only a small hole in it.


I've gotten out of the habit of taking pictures of the kids school time, but I'll be making more of an effort now.  Below is Caleb's Valentine card box, designed and constructed by him!


Melty beads have become a favorite past time around here.


We also now have a membership to a local children's museum.  They can paint and the mess isn't in my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...