Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Handle Cover for Cast Iron Skillet


I made a pot holder handle for my cast iron skillet!  I knew if I didn't have something over the handle, it would only be a matter of time before I grabbed and burned my hand... I tend to do things like that!  I used two layers of cotton fabric with quilt batting in between.  So far, it has worked great.  It took me a few times to figure out the right dimensions and the best way to put it together, the other pictures are of my first two attempts.  I will try to put a tutorial together when I make a few more.


I tried another recipe too, apple cake, shown above.  It was delicious.  I thought it tasted much better after it cooled off, I ate two pieces right away!



2 comments:

  1. These are so nice to keep from burning yourself! I have some pans I put in the oven and these little handle holders are the best. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an easy idea. Never would have thought of it myself. I use all cast iron cookware and regularly burn my hand through the tea towel that I use to grab the handles. I'm going to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...