Monday, December 22, 2014

Quiet Book


I made this quiet book for my son's first birthday.  I'm so proud of myself!  I think it turned out really great, and he seems to like it too.  I got the idea from browsing on Pinterest.  Just search "quiet book" and you'll find hundreds of ideas from really simple to really complex.  I used a tutorial on still:living's blog to make the cover, but I ended up having to modify it a lot.  Her pages were "portrait" and mine were "landscape".  Then the rings I purchased were too big, so I ended up using ribbon instead.  I did get the idea of using button holes instead of eyelets from her tutorial!  I had to improvise because I didn't have the right tool for the eyelets I bought.  So, cost of this book was $5.00 in felt at Walmart, and $3.00 for flannel at JoAnn's.  (I won't count the rings and eyelets I didn't use.)  All the buttons, beads, zippers, and ribbons I already had in my stash.


FEEL was the first page I made.  After I made it, I decided that I needed to have an action word on every page, which ended up being my "theme".  I also had to keep in mind that this was going to a 1 year old, so I tried to keep the pages simple for him.  Take a look and tell me what you think.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...