Friday, May 4, 2018

Crafting Around the House


While I haven't has as much time as I'd like to do crafty things, I have been able to do a few things for Our New Home over the last several months.  Above is a trivet that I did at a local pottery and mosaic shop.  The blue colors are flower petals, can you see it?


I painted this Welcome Sign for our front porch area.  My mom gave me the old milk can, which I love.  Because it lives on our covered porch, I used fake flowers, which came from the Dollar Tree.  The burlap for the bow actually came from my brother's wedding!


Here is a burlap wreath that I made at a Ladies Retreat.  It was quite simple to make (search Pinterest to make your own).


This is one of my favorite things!  My husband made these wooden frames for me, there are actually 2.  I stained them and then we stapled the maps to the back.  The other one has a world map in it.  


A sweet friend of mine invited me to her painting birthday party!  Her mom is a wonderful artist and showed us how to paint this bird, as well as a fun cat picture that is hanging in my daughter's room.  I also painted the letter V and added the burlap.

I've also been working on a denim braided rug for my bedroom for the past 2 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...