Saturday, November 13, 2010

Up-cycled Skirts and Hair Bows for a Little Girl


This green skirt started off as a cardigan that is super soft!  I loved it as a cardigan, but unfortunately it got a large white stain on the chest area.  So, I cut the sweater just under the stain and took the buttons off.  I sewed it together to make a tube, flipped it upside down and added an elastic waistband.  After hemming the bottom, it make an amazingly soft sweater skirt for my daughter.  I also made a matching hair bow using one of the pearl buttons.   I still have the sleeves and the upper part of the cardigan, so I need to figure out something else to make with it.  It's so soft I can't waste it!


This skirt started as a toddler pair of capris pants found at Goodwill for $1.50.  The flowers on the hair clips came from a pack of scrapbooking stuff that I bought for another purpose, they were leftovers.  


Lastly, this skirt was actually a toddler jumper that was much too short for Rebekah.  I cut dress just under the armpits and added an elastic waistband.  The hair bow is made from the straps of the jumper, and one of the buttons. 

Three outfits for $1.50, that's what I call a bargain.  I spent 2 hours making all that you see here, not too bad, especially since my kids were upstairs playing and I got the time to myself!  Now I want to go dig in the closets some more and see what else I can up-cycle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...