Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
half stick of butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
4 cups whipped topping
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups powder sugar
4 Tbsp corn starch
2 cups water
1 qt. blueberries
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar, and butter. Pat into greased 9 x 13 pan.
2. Beat cream cheese and milk until smooth.
3. Fold in whipped topping and powdered sugar.
4. Spoon over crumbs and refrigerate until ready for topping.
5. In saucepan, mix 1 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth, then stir in berries.
6. Cook until thickened, stirring often.
7. Cool blueberry mixture until room temperature, spoon over dessert.
8. Refrigerate until chilled.
9. Cut into bars and serve.
I first made this dessert for a church party, and it was a huge success. It helps to make sure that the cream cheese is soft, otherwise it will be a little chunky. I don't remember where this recipe came from, it was in my cookbook on a hand written note. If you'd prefer to buy graham cracker pie crusts already made, the filling is enough to fill two crusts. I hope you enjoy it!