Saturday, December 18, 2010

Little Girl Gifts - Poncho and Skirts


My second little girl poncho turned out a little different.  Again, my rectangles turned out to be parallelograms.  It was impossible to sew them together so they would make a triangular poncho, but I like this shape just as much.  I hope my niece will love it, her favorite color is purple!

The skirts are for my other niece.  I am actually making her a total of 5, they were pants that she outgrew in length, but still fit around the waist.  The purple butterfly embroidery was actually the bottom of the pant leg.  I used one leg to fill in the middle of the skirt, and added a butterfly from the other leg to the front hip.  I also added a butterfly to one of the back pockets, which I adhered with Steam-A-Seam instead of sewing the pocket closed.  I think they both turned out really cute!  Stay tuned for 3 more skirts and hair bows!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...