Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Yom Kippur Feast - MFW Creation to the Greeks


We did not have time to celebrate Yom Kippur when it was scheduled in our curriculum, so when I realized that Sept 23rd was the real day, I decided to change our menu for the night and we celebrated Yom Kippur instead. Thankfully, the meal was simple. Rebekah helped me make Kreplach, which is pictured below. It is pie crust filled with meat, potatoes, and carrots. They were very good. The rest of our menu was simply baked potatoes, green beans, and grape juice.


After eating, we read the story of Jonah and talked about repentence. It happened to be a Wed night, so we went to church for our midweek service.


The recipe for Kreplach and more information about Yom Kippur can be found in this book, Celebrating Biblical Feasts.

1 comment:

  1. I always love your updates, Casey. They are such an encouragement to me. Never stop blogging ;) Even though we haven't been able to hang out in awhile, it's so nice to see what ya'll have been up to. The Kreplach looks really good! (Now I want to eat it!) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...