Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Denim and Damask Rag Quilt


Here is my finished denim rag quilt!  I cannot find the online directions that I used, but here is a similar one: denim rag quilt.  I already had most of the jeans in my stash, but I did buy 3 pairs at a thrift store for a dollar each.  It took 4 yards or each color of flannel, but I bought extra to make some pillow cases and throw pillows (coming soon).  The total cost for this quilt (and coming pillows) was around $40, not bad for a queen size quilt!  I found the sign at JoAnn's too.  Oh yeah, I also had to buy a walking foot for my sewing machine, but that will be used on many other projects. 


3 comments:

  1. Looks good, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.... I love this one, too, Casey!!! It looks so effective with the different tones of blue. Now to decide which way I go. I've always liked rag quilts. I wonder if I could do a picnic blanket as a rag quilt? Maybe not, as it might be too bulky to fold up. I have a couple of projects to do first, then I'll have to decide and make a start. I'd love you to link this one up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I think a rag quilt will work as a picnic blanket, but it won't have the vinyl water proof back. You'll have to share a picture once you finish! And I'll link this one up too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...