Monday, March 18, 2013

Embroidered Pillow


I finished two pillows for our new couch this weekend!  I wanted to try some embroidery, so I thought a pillow would be a simple first project.  I searched for a pattern with a bible verse and birds.  I found the perfect one at Elefantz.  I plan on making at least one more matching pillow, and I think I'd like to crochet or knit another one.  I saw one at Pottery Barn that was beautiful.


I did notice one mistake I made...  I spelled Jeremiah wrong!  Too late to fix it now, so it will have to just be a quark that my family laughs about...  (I checked the original pattern, it's correct on there, I have no idea how I messed it up).


The white fabric used for the embroidery was actually an old shirt!  The other fabric I found at JoAnn's.  I found some pink piping (from 1979!) at the thrift store for 50 cents, which covered with my own blue fabric.  I also found the small pillow form at a thrift store, and the larger pillow form came from one in my bedroom that I wasn't really using anymore.  So in total, I should be able to make 4 pillows for $13!  I should have taken more pictures and put a tutorial together for you on how to make a pillow slipcover, and how to recover piping...  I'll try to when I make my next one!


I really love this bird fabric I found!  I'm trying to slowly redo my living room, adding in birds and the color blue!  I also found a nice sign to hang on the wall at the same thrift store!  I've been blessed lately with good deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...