Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cast Iron Skillet Handle Holders and Dish Towels


I made this gift set for my mom and gave it to here this past weekend.  (She also got a cast iron skillet!)  The cast iron skillet handle holders are super easy to make, look cute on the skillet, and most importantly, prevent burns!  Here's how I made them:

Cut two squares of fabric and two squares of batting, 6 x 6 inches.  Make a sandwich with them, batting, fabric right side up, fabric right side down, and batting.  Sew along one edge only, this will be the finished edge.  Then turn it right sides out (with the batting in the middle).  Fold the entire thing in half, making sure the finished edge is on the short side.  Then sew along the long side and the other short side.  Trim the corners and trim away any extra batting.  Flip right side out and you're done!


My mom loves this chicken fabric.  I made her a matching apronrecipe binder, and a grocery bag holder a few years ago.


I didn't have enough fabric to make her dish towels like these, which she loved!  So, I bought the same towels from Walmart (they're called bar towels) and just sewed the chickens on.  I used a straight stitch first and then zig zagged around the whole thing.  I thought they turned out cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...