Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sewing Felicity's School Outfit (American Girl Doll Clothes)


This is another one of Rebekah's Christmas presents!  She received an 18 inch doll for her birthday this year and she requested some old fashioned clothes for it.  Because we have been studying about the colonial times in school, I thought making Felicity's school outfit would be perfect.  (Felicity is an American Girl Doll with accessories and books from the colonial times).  I downloaded the pattern here. This site has the patterns for 6 of the dolls.  I'll have to be honest, these were not easy patterns to follow!  Everything took much longer than expected, and I was frustrated more times than I can remember.   I don't recommend them for new beginners, but if you have experience sewing clothes and using patterns, you should be able to figure it out (or at least fudge it when you can't... like me!).  I chose more modern fabrics than Felicity would have worn, but I think she's going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...