Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Felt Christmas Tree Ornaments Kids can Make


My kids really love their sewing kits I made for them last Christmas.  While making them a few additions for it this year, and then I thought about simple ornaments they could make.  Here, I cut two green triangles and a brown rectangle out of felt.  Caleb cut out his own ornaments (his is on the right).  Rebekah was having trouble sewing on her ornaments because they were small, so I had her sew beads on hers instead.  The beads are easier!  Once they were decorated, I helped them tack on the ribbon hanger and they were able to sew around the tree themselves (except I had to help thread the needle and tie the knots).  Then they stuffed them and sewed them up!  Finished.  They were so proud to show daddy and hang them on the tree.  I think maybe later this week I'll see if they want to make gingerbread men the same way.  I have a big cookie cutter I could trace.  Of course, that's only if we don't have a baby!  39 weeks and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...