Monday, February 24, 2014

Quilt Top (Up-cycled from Men's Shirts/Pants)


I haven't posted very many sewing projects lately, but that's because I've been working on this!  This quilt will be for my husband, made entirely out of his old button down shirts and khaki pants.  I LOVE it!  I have fond memories of many of these shirts!  I found an old comforter at the thrift store for $3.50, which is going to the be backing and batting.  It's a light blue color on the side you can't see in the picture.  I'd love to machine quilt it, but I don't know how I'm going to get it under the machine!  Anyone with experience machine quilting a large quilt?  I'd love your advice!  (Currently, it's half basted together.)



3 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law made everyone quilts out of my Dad's clothes after he passed away. We all got to pick the shirts that meant the most to us and she used his jeans as well, paint stains and all. It's one of my most valued possessions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool, Casey! :) I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...