Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Back of the Seat Mini Van Organizer


Have I mentioned we're taking a trip to Yellowstone this summer?  I have been on a mission to organize the mini van!  Everything usually just rolls around the floor, but I'm tired of that!  Here's one of my solutions.  It's an organizer that goes on the back of the drivers side seat.  I used velcro to attach it to the handle, and then added a tie to go around the seat (you can see it just above the bottom pocket).  I am in love with this already!  So many pockets to fill!  What's in it?  So far, bug spray wipes and bottles, sunscreen, a swim diaper for Joshua, plastic grocery bags, zip lock bags, napkins, a small first aide kit and an Epi Pen for Rebekah.  The bottom right pocket is empty right now, I'm sure I'll fill it before our trip.

Can you tell it's upcycled too?  I started with a pair of khaki jean pants and a neat flower skirt, which is a little heavier than regular cotton fabric.  (Thank you Susan!)  The top pocket is just one of the back pockets of the skirt.  I used a zig zag stitch to sew it on.  I also had some brown bias tape in my stash.


I found several examples of car seat organizers on Pinterest, so if you need an exact pattern, I recommend going there.  I just winged it, and it turned out just how I wanted it.  What do you think?  Do you have any suggestions on what to put in that last pocket?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...