Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pretty, Pretty, Princess Dress and Crown


Here is my beautiful birthday princess!  I made this princess play dress and crown for her, and she has worn it everyday since, which makes me feel good.  I was given this blue fabric, which had previously been used as a table decoration at a baby shower.  The skirt part of the dress is just a huge rectangle gathered at the top.  I wanted it to twirl around her when she spun in circles!  For the bodice, I followed a pattern that I had on hand.  And the back closes with two pink buttons.  The only thing I had to buy was the pink ribbon to tie around the middle: total cost was $2!  And the nice thing about making a play dress is that it doesn't matter if you make a mistake and don't have everything perfect!


She also received a baby princess doll, that just happened to have a blue dress on it, with a pink bow!  Thanks Melissa, she loves it!!!


Every princess needs a crown!  I really just made this up as I went!  I actually stuffed the crown with yarn because I didn't have any stuffing, and it had to get done before her birthday!  The back of the crown is just a long tube with elastic in it, so it will fit her for a long time.  I happened to have some jewels that I could hot glue on to make it sparkly! 


Happy Birthday Rebekah!

Linking with: 

2 comments:

  1. Love it Casey. It looks great! Sarah would love the dress, too. Her favorite princess, though, is Ariel! :)

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder your little one has worn her outfit day after day!!! Lucky you had the shiny, blue fabric, as the shine just gives it the Princess factor. And the adorable crown just finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...