Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Word for Wednesday #3



Philippians 3:12  I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize.


I heard a term recently called snapshot living.  A great example of this is seen by looking at Pinterest.  Oh, wonderful Pinterest!  We can spend hours pinning ideas, crafts, great recipes, home decorating tips, and the list goes on.  We see what other's are doing, and then we think, "Wow, I'm not a very good mom because I don't make my kids smiley face pancakes and smoothies for breakfast every day".  That picture of a wonderful breakfast (on a perfectly decorated kitchen table) is only a snapshot of one moment in that mom's life.  It doesn't tell us anything about her, her family, or what she believes in.  Maybe for dinner, that family only had peanut butter and jelly on paper plates.  Maybe the bathroom is dirty.  Maybe there is a mountain of laundry that hasn't been done.  Maybe her husband had to work late and missed dinner.

We need to stop comparing ourselves to the snapshots that we see on the internet.  As a blogger, I'm only going to show you pictures of the best parts of my life (usually).  My sewing projects don't always turn out.  Sometimes, I miss the boat on a teaching moment with my kids.  Sometimes they scream and have fits.  There are almost always dishes in my sink.  And my husband cooks half the time.  I am not perfect, and neither are you.  But we're going to keep on running towards the prize of making our home in heaven with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...