Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sewing Kits for Kids


This was the kids big Christmas present this year, a sewing kit!  I had a lot of fun making this kit, but man did my hand hurt after all the cutting and hole punching!  (Plus, I made 3 kits!)  It includes: an embroidery hoop, shelf liner, burlap, scissors, a homemade needle threader, yarn, thread, instructions, pony beads, large buttons, lacing cards, cardboard sewing cards, plastic canvas in varying sizes (magnets, picture frame, bookmark), a no sew fleece pillow kit, a hanging heart kit, a small stuffed dog kit, a chicken sewing project, stuffing, and a needle book!  Wow, that's a lot of stuff when you type it all out!  I found lots of inspiration online, at these sites: Fifth Wizardry, Maya*MadeLittle Family FunKids Sewing Projects.


I can't find the chicken printout link for you today, I'll try to find it later, but it was a cute activity!


Here's a picture of Caleb working on his stitch card.  I got the idea from The Studio.  I was surprised that they did such a good job!



I blogged about the felt needle book.


I used my Cricket to cut out their names and then adhered them with spray adhesive.  They turned out cute!



And that's it.  Have a merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...