Saturday, June 5, 2010

Tote, Zippered Pouch, Notebook, and Felt Hair Clips

This is what I made for a 4 year old little girl's birthday gift.  I hope she will find lots of joy in it!!!
The tote and the zippered pouch were made using the directions at Skip to my Lou.  It is a wonderful blog with tons of homemade gift ideas.  The zippered pouch took about 30 minutes and the tote took about 1 hour.  I am very happy with the results.

The notebook and felt hair clips are my own creations.  For the notebook, I stitched on a matching scrap of fabric and then tied ribbons onto each curl of the wire binding.  I lifted up the ribbons and ran a line of hot glue on the book and then pushed the ribbons to the front.  This was so that they stayed in the front and covered up the edge of the green notebook.  I am also going to include a small pink pen with the gift.  I will post a tutorial for the flower hair clips in the next post.


After posting this, I noticed on facebook that the birthday girls' mom has a birthday tomorrow too!  So I quickly made another tote to give to her.  This one took me 45 minutes.  I absolutely love this green fabric.  I might have to make another one for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...