Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baby Shower Cake


This is the baby shower I made for my sister (her last name is Funk and the gender is unknown).  I had to make a cake large enough to feed 80 people, so I started with two half sheets, 12 x 18 inch pans and squished them up next to each other.  Then I made four blocks using 6 inch square pans (I had to trim an inch off of the blocks to make them more cube-like.  It took 12 boxes of cake, 42 eggs, 2/3 of a bottle of oil, and 7 batches of icing!  It's sitting on a piece of ply-wood that's covered in Saran Wrap Freezer Paper, which was so much better than the standard foil that I usually use!  A big thank you to my husband for providing the idea.  What I like about it was the white color and the fact that it doesn't rip when you cut the cake with a knife!  All in all, it was a wonderful shower, Rebekah and I had a great time.  (Come back in the coming days to see the gifts we gave the mom to be).  We can't wait to meet Baby Funk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...