Thursday, April 7, 2011

Binder Cover - Recipe Book


This binder cover was part 2 of my mom's birthday gift.  I added some plastic pages and page dividers, as well as a few handwritten recipes to make it a recipe book that matches her new apron.  I found the binder cover tutorial at Lola...again.  Inside, on the left, there are pockets for pens and a larger pocket for whatever else you'd like.  The other side has a vertical pocket that's big enough for a whole piece of paper, perfect for holding magazine pages or computer print outs.  I followed the tutorial exactly, except where the author added a magnetic snap, I added a large button, which gave it a more rustic feel, perfect for my mom's log home kitchen.  This cover took me about 4 hours to complete, a little more than I expected because there are so many pieces to cut out, and some that need interfacing too!  So, about 2 hours of my time was cutting and ironing, which is my least favorite part!  I was so excited with the finished product that I may make another one for myself... someday!


Today I am grateful for beautiful spring weather!  I took my kids to a nature preserve today and we did a little trail walking.  I'm also thankful that I didn't have to bring a stroller, Rebekah walked a whole mile without complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...