Friday, May 20, 2011

Girl's Ruffled Purse


This is the most adorable thing I've ever made!  I think my niece, who is turning 4, is going to love it!  She's also getting a few Hello Kitty trinkets, because I can't give a purse as a gift without filling it with something.  I found the idea from this blog: The Tip Junkie, which has free tutorials for 24 purses!  I mostly followed this tutorial on The Project Princess, although I didn't have the directions in my sewing room, so I improvised a little bit.  She recommends using canvas or denim to stiffen the purse, but I used rip away interfacing, which did tear a little on me, but works well enough (it was the only kind I had!).  I also used a magnetic snap as a closure.  I can't wait for her birthday party! 

2 comments:

  1. cute! love it! I bet your little girl did too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was a big hit with my niece.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...