Monday, May 16, 2011

Summer Twirly Jean Skirt - Girls


I am super excited about this skirt!  I got the jeans for free at a garage sale this weekend because the knees were really dirty.  It just so happens that it was a perfect fit for the little girl at church I've been making skirts for, so she's getting a bonus one!  The fabric and ribbon was already in my stash, so I didn't spend anything to make this!  The picture below is the jeans after I cut the legs off, then I turned it into a mini-skirt.


Below is a picture of the three tiers before sewing them together.  I gathered the top of each tier by sewing a basting stitch on the top and pulling the loose threads.  Then sew the three together and then onto the jean skirt.  When it was done, it looked a little plain, so I found some yellow and orange ribbon that went perfectly.  I sewed that between the fabric and jean with a zig zag stitch.  I think it turned out adorable, I can't wait to give it to her!


Here is the finished corduroy skirt.  I think the pink fabric looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...