Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Reversible Nursing Cover


This is a reversible nursing cover, made as a baby shower gift.  I made myself a single sided nursing cover when I had Rebekah and I loved it.  I thought a reversible one would be perfect.  I also made this one a tad bigger than my old one, just to make sure it covers everything you want to keep covered.  I followed (loosely) this tutorial on Shannon Makes Stuff, except I used a D-ring for the strap instead of tying a knot, and I used more fabric.  I bought 1 1/4 yards of each print, I think I made the main body 40" x 30" (before sewing).  One side is a cute little boy fabric with cars, planes, trains, etc.  The other side is a more grown up pattern, brown with white swirls.  I think my friend will love it! 



4 comments:

  1. This is awesome... I love how big it is.. covers everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I made it bigger than the pattern said for that reason. My old one did not always cover everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you put the boning in? and if so does it bend both ways?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I used boning. It doesn't bend both ways, it just flips over. You can see a bit of the other fabric when you flip it,

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...