Monday, June 27, 2011

Strawberries!


We went strawberry picking this weekend!  We picked 17 lbs, they smelled so delicious!   After washing and cutting the tops off, I smashed half and sliced the other half.  I mixed them together and added some sugar.  Then we put about 3 cups worth into freezer bags, I think I had 7 or 8 freezer bags.  We used some of it to make strawberry shortcakes that night, yum!  I forgot to take a picture of it before I ate it!  I also saved some of the berries so we could eat some, and I plan on making a strawberry pie.  I also bought some vanilla ice cream to have with the strawberry topping! 



Rebekah really enjoyed picking and eating the strawberries.  Caleb mostly just liked watching the tractors that were giving people rides out to the fields.  We drove through tons of mud and water to get out there!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you go?

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to a local place near our house, send me an email if you're interested in specifics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...