Saturday, July 30, 2011

Zucchini


I had 2 zucchini to use up tonight, so I made pumpkin zucchini bread and zucchini butter.  The bread is SO good!  I found the recipe on allrecipes.com, a tried and true recipe website.  I changed the 1 cup of butter to 1 cup of canola oil (for Rebekah), and used 1/2 white, 1/2 whole wheat flour.  I've eaten 3 pieces tonight!


This is the zucchini butter, it really tastes just like apple butter.  I found the recipe in an Amish cookbook that I have, Family Treasures Volume II.  I bought this book at an Amish dry goods store a couple years ago, it has some great recipes in it.  Unfortunately, I can't find a similar recipe for it online, only bread and butter zucchini pickles comes up.  If you are interested in the recipe, leave me a comment.  I will try and call the phone number in the book and get permission to share it. 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have the zucchini butter recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to share the recipe with you. Please email me at simplejoycrafting AT gmail DOT com, and I will give it to you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...