Friday, August 7, 2015

Our Homeschool Space 2015-2016


It's that time of year again! Here is a peek at our school space for this year. It hasn't changed much, as we still live in the same duplex. We've been looking for a house, so maybe soon I will have an actual room to store everything in. I sure would like more shelves!


Here is a closer look at what's on our shelves. The very top has some extra supplies, and a few toys that the kids have to ask for. On the top shelf is most of our curriculum, and a few extra things I can reference. We are using My Father's World, Creation to the Greeks this year. Stay tuned for another post on what curriculum we will be using.


The white drawers have random paper, stickers, and math manipulatives. The kids individual supply boxes are on top (where Matthew can't reach!), and the more daily curriculum to the right. On the lower shelf are their binders and more math things. The very bottom two shelves are just for toys and books that the little ones can get into.


The small shelf on top of our end table has our newest additions this year. I decided to do preschool with Joshua and Matthew. I bought 5 bins with lids and labeled them Monday through Friday. In each bin, there are a couple books, and a couple educational toys that I will play with them. (More on what's inside in a future post). We also keep our bibles here.


Our book basket is located on top of the fireplace so that it stays separate from the other library books, and little hands don't get into them.


Also new this year is a CD player. I think this will make our music studies smoother, as opposed to me using my computer and getting distracted by other things. The kids are also involved in bible quizzing and use music to help them memorize their verses. The plastic tote holds our CDs, but I have since purchased a nicer tan collapsible tote at Shopko for $1.88.


Lastly, this is my desk. The blue and white tote under the desk holds some old curriculum and magazines that can be cut up. The books on top of the tote are for our book basket next week. Also, there are some books behind my computer that I plan on assigning for the kids silent reading time.


That's our school spaces for the 2015-2016 school year! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...