Friday, December 16, 2011

Ii Insects Homeschool Highlights in MFW


Ii is for Insect!  We started our insect unit a week early when our ants arrived early!  It has been fascinating for the whole family to watch these ants, they're constantly changing their tunnels.  Several times we've thought they were dying though, but they keep on going.  This weeks bible words were "I am a wise child, so I work hard".  The ants modeled this principle for us.

I found these great 3D insect puzzles on clearance for $0.40!



A few of our lunches went along with our theme.  When we studied the ants, we had ants on a log, the non traditional way!  Our log was a hot dog (my kids won't do celery...)  Then they asked me to cut their hot dog and they made ants on a rock (Caleb's idea!).  We also taste tested honey when we talked about bees.


I also made them apple lady bugs.  It's a half of an apple with peanut butter to hold on the raisin spots.  The antennae were raisins stuck on toothpicks.


We painted rocks red and then added spots with a black marker to make several lady bugs.  They have both really loved painting lately, so this was a great activity.




Here are our lap books.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of all the books we read before taking them back to the library...


Rebekah has just started to write her own name.  I love that the letters in her name are all over her paper!  I still have to make the K and the A for her, she thinks she does a bad job on those letters.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...