Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Quilted Table Runner and Pot Holders


This is a short table runner, more of a centerpiece I suppose, with two matching pot holders.  I used a pinwheel block for them all.  They are machine pieced and quilted.  The pot holder on the left is quilted inside each triangle block, but that left a large hump in the middle where all the triangles come together.  When I did the second pot holder (on the right) I decided to stitch in the ditch instead, and I think it turned out better.  I did the same thing for the table runner.  These were gifts for my mother, and they match her apron and recipe binder, which were birthday presents this past year.


The idea for the pot holders came from watching a DVD called Homestead Blessings - The Art of Quilting.  In this DVD, the West ladies show you how to make the pinwheel blocks and then how to make the pot holder, as well as several other quilting techniques.  I also enjoyed their sewing and cooking DVDs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...