Sunday, April 29, 2012

Girls Jean Skirt Purse


This skirt was too small for Rebekah, but it was so cute, I couldn't get rid of it.  Instead, I turned it into an adorable purse!  The picture below shows what I started with.  The fabric belt came with the skirt, and made a great shoulder strap.  I used a seam ripper to remove the pink eyelet fabric and used it on a different skirt you can see here.  One thing I wish I would have done, was add a magnetic snap to keep it closed.

 

Then I laid the skirt on top of my lining fabric and traced around it.  I cut two out and sewed them together leaving the top open, shown in the next picture.



Then I sewed the bottom of the skirt closed.  As an alternative, you can leave the bottom of the skirt open so you can see the lining fabric.


I then pinned the lining into the jean skirt, folding the raw edge under as I went.  Make sure you pin your straps in too!  Then sew around the purse to secure and that's it! 


This purse was given to my niece for her 5th birthday.  A girl can always use another cute purse!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...