Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Denim and Vinyl Picnic Blanket


Anyone want to go on a picnic?  I made this denim blanket from scraps of blue jeans left over from making skirts, and a few of my son's holey ones.  One of the things I love about this blanket is the pockets!  These pictures make them a little hard to see, but some of my squares have the pockets still on them.  No more napkins blowing away!


The underside of the blanket is a vinyl table cloth that I found in the Walmart clearance section at the end of the season last year.  It was a little tricky to sew, and my edges aren't perfect, but it's waterproof!


I put it together exactly like this flannel receiving blanket, it was just bigger.  What do you think?



I'm linking up with:

9 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea! I have several tablecloths I could repurpose this way! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine has made a denim quilt to keep for picnics and special days. She writes the date and occasion on the blocks to help remember all the fun things that have been done using the special quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is a really neat idea. Thanks for sharing it.

      Delete
  3. What a brilliant idea!!! I love the fact that the denim is cut into different sized squares and rectangles. I have so many pairs of jeans just waiting to be made into something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam for all your lovely comments. I get so many compliments on this blanket because I left some of the pockets on, it's such a fun feature!

      Delete
    2. Hi Casey, I've featured your denim picnic blanket today...
      http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/11/threading-your-way-features.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...