Monday, October 8, 2012

Too Small Dress Makeover and Decorating a Plain Shirt


Isn't she cute?  She loves wearing fancy clothes!


She was given this beautiful church dress, but it was much too small already!  I think it was a size 4, which still fits her around the waist, but it was much too short for her.  It was meant to be an empire waist dress.  Here's what I did:  I cut the dress right under the arms, leaving 3-4 inches of black velvet.  I zig zag stitched around the raw edge, then folded the velvet in half and sewed a straight stitch, leaving a couple inches open.  This became the casing for a piece of 1/2 inch elastic.  I thread the elastic in, sewed the seam up, and it was finished.  Quick and easy! 


I just happened to have some cream colored rosebuds in my stash that made a nice addition to a boring black shirt.  Rebekah told me how she wanted them sewn onto the shirt, then she was so excited to wear it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...