Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Word for Wednesday #1


When I started this blog, I looked at it as a ministry to encourage women through crafts, recipes and the simple joys of my life. I feel like I have veered from this goal, and I have failed to share my greatest joy, Jesus Christ. I will be starting a series every Wednesday, calling it A Word for Wednesday. I will share a scripture that has been encouraging to me and hopefully be able to encourage you with a few words. I hope you enjoy this new series, it has already been a blessing for me and this is the first one! I can’t wait to read your comments.

1Th 5:16  Rejoice evermore.
1Th 5:17  Pray without ceasing.
1Th 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

So simple, yet so profound!  Pray without ceasing.  Hmmm, how many of us can say that we do that?  I’ve had these verses written on my white board for at least a year, but I haven't really looked at them for quite a while.  This weekend, I heard a message that challenged me to invite the Lord into my everyday life.  I need to invite him into my cleaning time, homeschool time, meal times, and fun times.  He wants to be part of everything!  Our special speaker said this: 


“We need to bring him into every part of our lives, instead of waiting until we’re done with everything instead”

Wow!  I have often been guilty of telling God I would pray after I finished a certain task, only to find another task to do after that one!  I have made a decision to pray during my entire day.  Notice, I said during my entire day, not for the entire day!  I still have responsibilities, but I can keep my mind on God as I take a few seconds to pray for my kids as I’m fixing them lunch, or pray for the recipient of a sewing project as I’m sewing it.  I can pray for the people in the cars next to me on the highway, or the people in line ahead of me at the grocery store.  I can sing a worship song with my kids and thank Him out loud for a beautiful day.  This is how I can pray with out ceasing and give thanks in everything.  Now, I challenge you to pray without ceasing and see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. I meant to comment on this when I read it... but I forgot. I wanted to let you know that this was/has been super encouraging to me. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was encouraging! Thanks for telling me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...