Sunday, June 17, 2012

Basketball Cupcakes (Happy Father's Day)


Happy Father's Day!  I am especially thankful for my husband, who is an amazing daddy!  And I also have a wonderful Step-Father, that I always took for granted, but he was always there for me, thank you Doug!

My church is having a bake sale today, so I had to make something manly.  Basketball cupcakes it was!  These are so easy to make, just ice the cupcakes with orange frosting and then pipe on some black lines.  I have also done other balls in the past.  Baseballs can be done with white icing with red laces piped on.  Tennis balls can be done with lime green icing (very interesting to make that color!) and white lines.  Golf balls can be made with white icing, and then using the round end of a paint brush, make little divots all over.


I did have something odd happen to my cupcakes while they were baking.  If you're a facebook fan, you got a sneak peak at this strangeness last night.  It's like the tops crusted over right away, and then the batter ruptured out of the top like lava.  Very weird, I have no idea what caused this.  Has this ever happened to any of you?  I had to cut off the "cupcake warts" before frosting them (Kevin's term), but they were yummy!

See?  Very weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...