Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chocolate Glazed Chocolat Mini Donuts (with a surprise ingredient)


Don't these look yummy?  My mom gave me this mini donut pan last weekend, and I love it!  The recipe I used is from Jessica Seinfeld's book, Deceptively Delicious, page 160.  I made her exact recipe last time, using pumpkin and sweet potato puree, and they were really good, but I thought chocolate would be even better.  So, I added 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to her recipe (and used soy milk instead of skim milk).  Then I was looking through her newest book, Double Delicious, and found a donut cookie recipe (page 158) that had a chocolate glaze.  To make a long story short, I combined the two and out came a wonderfully healthy chocolate donut!  According to Calorie Count, there are 38 calories in each mini donut, plus vitamins from the pumpkin and sweet potato!  Some of the donuts got a treatment of powdered sugar because I ran out of glaze, they're still good, but not like the frosted ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...