Saturday, February 5, 2011
Feel the Love Blog Hop - Candles
Welcome to Feel the Love Blog Hop! My valentine craft was decorating candles. I started with ordinary white candles. I cut strips of regular tissue paper in the size of the candle, and then stamped my design on it. (For the brown ones, I just doodled with a brown crayola washable marker!). After you have your tissue paper design, hold the tissue paper up to the candle and use an embossing gun to "melt" the paper to the candle. The embossing gun heats up the wax and melts it a little so the tissue paper can stick. Be very careful to keep your fingers out of the hot air stream, it's HOT! I think you may be able to use a hair dryer on the hot setting too, for those of you that don't have an embossing gun. If you put tissue paper on the top of the candle, make sure it's not too close to the wick or it will burn right away. See below for a pic of the candle after it burned completely.
If you just happened upon this page today and you want to start at the beginning of the blog hop, click HERE. You can also use the links given at the bottom of this post. Happy Blogging!
Things I Simply Love Today
1. Mercy Me (Kevin surprised me last night by taking me to their concert!)
2. Quiet days with the kids
3. Having my husband home after 12 long days!
4. Cherry angel food cake my mom made for my birthday
5. Knowing that God loves me more than my husband does - which must be A LOT!
The picture below is the candle after it was completely burned. The tissue paper on the side actually didn't burn until ALL the wax was burned. I was actually surprised when I went back to look at it and it was burned, it had been just a tube all night.
1. Jamie at Glitter, Stamps, and Paper, Oh My! http://glitterstampsandpaperohmy.com/
2. Karel at One by One The Flamingos Are Stealing My Sanity http://karelj.blogspot.com/
3. Nikki at The Glamorous Side of Scrapping http://www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
4.Elizabeth at Skittles and Scrapbooks http://skittles-and-scrapbooks.blogspot.com
5. Brittni at Life's Musings http://gardenwhispers.blogspot.com/
6. Jesi at Jesi's Things http://jesisonaroll.blogspot.com/
7. Ellen at Card Monkey http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com/
8. Jessica at Overjoyed Scrapper http://overjoyedscrapper.blogspot.com/
9. Casey at Simple Joy Crafting http://simplejoycrafting.blogspot.com/
10. Jenny at Crazy about Cricut http://www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com/
11. Shannon at My Scrappy Creations http://shannonleffew.blogspot.com/
12 Meagan at Beyond Paper http://beyondpaperdesigns.blogspot.com/
13. Jessica at Creative Stamper http://thecreativestamperspot.blogspot.com/
14. Jill at The Scrapaholic http://thescrapoholic.blogspot.com/
15. Aimee at Little P's Momma http://www.littlepsmomma.blogspot.com/
16. Kathy at Kathy and 3 kids http://kathyand3kids.blogspot.com/
17. Amanda at Something Sorta http://somethingsorta.blogspot.com/
18. Michelle at Holy Cricut http://queenofmycraftroom.blogspot.com/
19. Kathy at The Beautiful Life www.kathy-thebeautifullife.blogspot.com.
20. Angie at A Tuttle Time http://atuttletime.blogspot.com/.
21. Angela at Created with Joy http://createdwithjoy.blogspot.com/