Sunday, August 7, 2011

Maternity Band


Guess what?  I'm pregnant!  Can you tell?  I am already into my second trimester, due in January!  This maternity band is the first of many maternity projects, not to mention baby stuff!  We'll be able to find out at the end of the month what gender our baby is, I am super excited.  I'm holding off on buying baby fabric until then.  The big projects that I'm planning are a diaper bag and recovering our car seat, but I'm sure I'll come up with others along the way.

Back to the maternity band, I found the pattern on my favorite blog: Make It & Love It.  I'm still having trouble sewing a stretchy seam on knit fabric, mine doesn't stretch enough.  I know I need to adjust the zig zag stitch somehow, but haven't figured out the best way yet.  I'm planning on making a black band too, so I'll update if it turns out better.  I used plain knit fabric from Hancocks, they seem to have better prices and a better selection that JoAnn's, and you can use a JoAnn's coupon too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...