Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ruffle Bottom Jean Skirt


This was a great skirt, but just a tad too short.  I fixed that by adding a ruffle to the bottom.  If you look really close, you can see my pen outline of the ruffle piece in the photo below.  I cut a piece of yarn the same length as the bottom (front) of the skirt.  Then I used that yarn to make an arc on a pair of jeans.  I drew perpendicular lines at each end to the correct length that I wanted my ruffle piece.  Then measured that same distance all along the arc, and connected the dots (or lines in my case).  I hope that made some sense!  If you have a larger piece of denim to work with, you can make the ruffle a bit fuller by making your first arc more curvy.  I made two ruffle pieces and then sewed them to the bottom of the skirt, sewed the side seams, and finished with a hem.  Very easy to do!  I hope my friend likes her longer skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...