Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baby Doll Skirt (and Matching Big Girl Skirt)


My daughter's 3rd birthday is coming up!  I decided to make her some new clothes with matching doll clothes (keep checking back for matching jumpers too).  I was surprised at how easy it was to make a little doll skirt.  First, I turned a pair of red pants (from Goodwill for $1.50) into a skirt for my daughter, the directions are here.  Once that skirt was finished, I noticed that I still had one pant leg left over.  Since it was already a tube shape like a skirt, all I had to do was add elastic and sew on that cute button (which was sewn to the tag of the pants as an extra).  In the picture below you can see the doll laying on top of the pant leg so I could measure where I needed to cut it. 


The next picture is how I precisely cut the elastic to the correct length.  To add the elastic to your skirt, just fold over the top about a 1/2 inch and sew a straight stitch all the way around exept for the last 2 inches.  To prevent fraying, you can zig zag stitch the edge before doing this step.  Thread your elastic through (I use a safety pin on one end of it to thread it easier).  Then sew the opening closed, piece of cake. 


I also had another pant leg left over from a different skirt I made for my daughter, so I made another one.  I think I might make a jean one too!  If you don't have a pant leg, you can do the same thing, but first make your own tube by sewing 2 pieces of fabric together, or one long one.


And here is the big skirt too, I apologize for the picture quality, it seems a little bright.

1 comment:

  1. Hi friends,

    Thank you so much for sharing it. These are available in free size and it will simply add glamour to your personality, this baby doll short stylish dress will give you a stunning and rich look...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...