Monday, August 15, 2011

Morning Board for School

Good Morning!  I came across this homeschool site: Mama Jenn, and was inspired to create my own morning board (also called calendar boards).  I used Mama Jenn's blog for ideas, and printed out her templates for the date.  She also linked me to the weather chart and address sheet found at Confessions of a Homeschooler.  I love this weather chart because it uses pictures instead of my first chart that had words, which my kids couldn't read!  My favorite part is the obedience prayer and God's Standards.  We'll be reading them everyday to remind us of how God wants us to behave.  They came from Totally Tots, scroll down to the bottom to find them.  The today sign came from the dollar store.  I loved how Mama Jenn laminated all her pieces and used rings and hooks to make them all flip charts, but I didn't have the supplies to do that, and the thought of laminating all the pieces did not thrill me.  I just cut them out and put velcro dots on the back, hopefully the kids won't tear them up right away.  The did already tear up the baggies at the bottom for the extra pieces, and we haven't even officially used the poster in school yet!  Now I need to figure out a better way to store the pieces, any ideas???

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...