Thursday, October 17, 2013

Ruffled Valence


I made this adorable ruffled valence for a friend of mine.  I just love how it turned out!  I used a tutorial from Me and Madeline.  I had to adjust the measurements because this window is 8 feet long!  My friend also wanted the valence to be shorter so it wouldn't block the view as much, so I only made 3 ruffles instead of the 4 in the tutorial.  I spent about 5 hours to make it (not in one sitting), but it was all very simple straight stitches.  The hardest part was making the brown ruffle!  It was a little thicker material and was a bit more stubborn than the plain cotton pink and green was.


I'd love to make a similar one for Rebekah, but she'll soon be sharing a room with her baby brother, so I think I'll wait.  But I think the concept would make a darling little skirt too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...