Sunday, October 20, 2013

Winter Girl's Dress (Up-cycled T-Shirt)


Rebekah had a fit this morning because she says she doesn't have any winter dresses.  Or rather, she didn't like her options.  Mommy to the rescue!  I made her two this afternoon!  Here's #1, you'll have to wait until tomorrow for #2, and I have a plan for a third one too.  I found 3 plain colored long sleeve shirts in her closet that someone had given to us.  She is definitely not lacking in long sleeve T-shirts, so I figured she could spare a few.  Then we headed to the basement craft area to find some matching fabric.  This striped knit fabric came from the thrift store last year, but I never got around to using it.  It looked the best with the purple shirt, and she loves it!

For the skirt, I cut two triangular pieces with curves on the top and bottom.  I gathered a few inches of fabric in the front to dress it up a bit.


Here's a close up of the front. I was going to add ties on the side so she'd have a cute bow in the back, but she didn't want them.  Below is the original shirt.  I love up-cycling!

Linking up with:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...