Friday, November 18, 2011

Mending a Hunting Coat


Deer hunting season is almost upon us, and there has been a flurry of activity trying to get everything ready.  Well, my husband has been scurrying around making sure he has everything ready.  I do not hunt, I am the designated baby sitter.  His hunting coat has been ripped for several years, so he asked me to fix it for him.  You can see in the two pictures what needed fixing, one entire sleeve, and one velcro tab.  Also not shown, was a pocket with a hole in it and some loose velcro. 


I actually sewed some of the stuffing back together because it was all torn apart, and then I had to sew a zig zag stitch on top to sew the sleeve closed (I could not turn the sleeve inside out to hide my stitching).  I think it turned out well.  The stitching is on the under side of the arm, so no one will see it, not that the deer or other men in the hunting party will care anyway!


The tab, pocket and velcro were very easy to fix.  I wonder why I didn't offer to fix his coat several years ago (it's been torn since before I met him...)


Best of luck to all the hunters out there!  Stay safe!

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job! i am the designated (by choice) hunting babysitter as well! Thanks for visiting my blog today! I am your newest follower by the way! I love geetting new ideas from fellow sewers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...