Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sewing with Two Threads


One of the skirts I showed you yesterday had gold thread!  I was surprised to see this when I was ripping the seam out.  The stitching on the original jeans was very pronounced.  I was concerned how it would look if I just used tan thread like I usually do, so I thought I'd try using two threads, one tan and one gold.  This was my first time, and it worked very well.  First, I had to find my sewing machine attachment to allow the second thread to sit on top.  For mine, it is a white plastic spool holder that just presses into a hole on the top of the machine.  Then I just threaded the machine the same as always, but holding both threads together as if they were one.  I used the tan thread for the bottom thread (on the bobbin).  In the picture below, you can see the original stitching around the fly, and my stitching beneath it.  My stitching is not quite as pronounced as the original, but I think it looks good.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...