Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Knit Fabric Headbands with Hairbows and Flowers


This was a birthday present for a 7 year old girl.  I made 3 knit headbands with 6 hair bows that she could attach to the headbands if she wanted to.  I found the headband tutorial at Altered Cloth.  It was a very easy tutorial to follow.  This is a great project for using up left over knit fabric!  Because my headbands were for a little girl, I decreased the length to 16 inches. 

The best internet site I've found for making hair bows is Girly Things.  For the pink flower clip, I just cut a fabric flower off of a bouquet that I got at the dollar store and glued it to the clip.  Then I glued a rhinestone in the center to jazz it up a little.  The black flower is actually crocheted, forgive the picture quality.  Remember my winter flowered headband?  I just followed the pattern for the flower, and then glued a black button in the middle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...