Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Up-cycled Ruffle Cardigan


I love my new up-cycled cardigan!  This gray shirt was the same style as the green one in the picture below, long sleeve, high neck, and a bad fit.  It needed a facelift!  I started by cutting the sleeves off, then cutting the front right up the middle and getting rid of the awful neck line.  I also took 3 inches off the bottom so I'd have some fabric for ruffles.  I made the ruffles just like I did for the yellow t-shirt dress.  A tie finished it off, although, I'm not sure I like the tie since it doesn't lay nice.  What do you think?  I have the green shirt, and a pink one in the same style that are on the chopping block next!


Don't forget to check out my new Etsy Shop and Facebook Page!

I'm linking up with:


2 comments:

  1. What about a big fun button to connect the two sides? or even more simply a hook and eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered a hook and eye, but I wasn't sure. I also considered a small pearl button. After looking at the picture again, I think I really need to change the tie!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...