Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spicy Asparagus Alfredo


Where I live, asparagus grows in ditches!!!  My husband picked these a few days ago, and then last night he took the kids with him to go asparagus hunting.  I considered it a field trip since we're learning about Vv Vegetables right now! 

What to do with all this asparagus???  Well, I made and asparagus red pepper frittata that was really yummy (mix eggs and veggies in a skillet, cook until almost set, add cheese on top and throw in the oven until done).  We also grilled some, adding olive oil and black pepper.  But my favorite so far has been this spicy asparagus alfredo.  It was actually a little too spicy, so I would only add half a can of tomatoes with chili's, or just use plain tomatoes.  I bet the Italian flavored tomatoes would be yummy.


Spicy Asparagus Alfredo
Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (I used onions and fresh garlic)

Bunch of asparagus, washed and cut to 1 inch pieces
1 can of tomatoes with green chili's (or half a can, or plain tomatoes if you don't like spice)
Fettuccine, cooked
Mozzarella cheese, shredded

Make the homemade condensed cream of chicken soup according to the recipe.  Add asparagus and tomatoes.  Cook on medium heat until asparagus is tender.  Serve over fettuccine and top with mozzarella cheese.

That's it, easy!  I also blanched some and froze it so I can make this again, and my Cajun Pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...